It’s going to be quite a while before I can share the DSLR photographs I took in Iceland with you, so for the meanwhile, here are some of my favourite Instagram shots taken during 5 days in this most magical of places. I cannot wait to return, and explore this treasure of a place even further… If you’d like to see more you can visit me @hellopoe on Instagram!
“Andava por ali a ver no vazio coisas de mentira. Andava a ver o vazio das coisas. Porque, sem a Sigridur, tudo perdera o conteúdo. Estava oco. Como se ela fosse o dentro de tudo. O dentro dos peixes e o dentro das pedras, o dentro de todas as mãos e dos sons, o dentro das paisagens, das subidas acentuadas, do medo de cair, da profundidade do mar, a chuva de todos os dias.”
—Valter Hugo Mãe, A Desumanização
I am that type of douchebag friend who doesn’t talk with you for months but still cares about you and hopes you still care too.
“He’s not a sociopath, nor is he high-functioning. He’d really like to be a sociopath. But he’s so fucking not. The wonderful drama of Sherlock Holmes is that he’s aspiring to this extraordinary standard. He is at root an absolutely ordinary man with a very, very big brain. He’s repressed his emotions, his passions, his desires, in order to make his brain work better — in itself, a very emotional decision, and it does suggest that he must be very emotional if he thinks emotions get in the way. I just think Sherlock Holmes must be bursting!”
— Steven Moffat, Vulture ”Steven Moffat Explains the Origins of Sherlock’s Best-Man Speech” (via orangepenguino)
10/100 screencaps of his last vow
Pay close attention ladies. This is how you dominate your man. Sleep with your hand gently on his. BAM. No escape.
Her other hand is under the pillow holding a gun to his neck as she whispers
"If you fuCkin move i’ll blow your brains out dont you dare take a cab to baker street and sit on Sherlocks dick so help me god i will fucking do it john watson, i will fucking do it"
John is addicted to danger, remember? He’s in bed with an assassin holding a gun to his head. He probably has the biggest boner in the known universe.
Cant even get a boner anymore without the cool sensation of a gun against his neck, poor bastard.
Bill Watterson (Calvin & Hobbes) really knew what he was doing.
Anonymous asked: Tyra you're honestly so perfect and amazing what are your philosophies how are you so great? What do you believe in? You just seem so happy and confident and you and holy fuck you're so perf how do I be myself in a you way
i’ve grown a lot in the past two years honestly two years ago I was a very different person and was pretty unhappy with a lot of things, here are some things i’ve improved/realized since then
- eat food that makes you happy, as weird as that sounds, I love tea and fruit and soup!
- get sleep, honestly, this one is so huge, two years ago I got like 6 or 7 hours a night, now I average on 8 or 9 and I have so much energy and positivity
- don’t change yourself for other people, if there are people who don’t like how you are screw them! they’re not the type of people you want to be around anyways!
- I discovered that I don’t really love exercise much but that I really like going for jogs and swimming, it’s a super nice way to let go and going for runs in nature is v calming
- stop caring so much about lil pimples and how your hair looks because regardless of how you look at any given time there are always going to be people who think ur a cutie
- find something you love and dive into it, for me it’s singing! i’m in vocal music at school, a huge choir, I sing and write my own stuff, and recently I performed in a musical! it allows me to have something to take ownership of and be proud of, a direction in life!
- try in school, nothing feels better than getting back a test or assignment with a good mark that you tried super hard on (plus it makes your parents super happy)
- stop trying to be “cool” seriously, stop. watch dumb rom coms and listen to pop music it’s so much fun okay!
- know who you love, and make sure they know too! call up old friends and compliment people and tell people how something you saw reminded you of them and ask people to hang out!
- drink water, always carry a water bottle, mine has little animal stickers on it!
- get a new haircut if you’ve had the same one for your whole life, I cut off like 75% of my hair and now it’s easy to take care of and looks way nicer
- getting a job, either a paid one or volunteer based is good! you can meet new people through it, get life experience, and gain volunteer hours or money!
- make sure to have “me time” during the day, I like taking bubble baths or sitting outside for a while in the quiet
oh man I went a bit overboard!
humans are so cute, when we say goodbye we put our arms around each other and to show we love someone we bring them flowers. we say hello by holding each other’s hand, and sometimes tiny little dewdrops form in our eyes. for pleasure we listen to arrangements of sounds, press our lips together, smoke dried leaves, get drunk off of old fruit. we’re all just little animals, falling in love and having breakfast beneath billions of stars
this is my favorite post
25 Things To Do Before You Turn 25
1. Make peace with your parents. Whether you finally recognize that they actually have your best interests in mind or you forgive them for being flawed human beings, you can’t happily enter adulthood with that familial brand of resentment.
2. Kiss someone you think is out of your league; kiss models and med students and entrepreneurs with part-time lives in Dubai and don’t worry about if they’re going to call you afterward.
3. Minimize your passivity.
4. Work a service job to gain some understanding of how tipping works, how to keep your cool around assholes, how a few kind words can change someone’s day.
5. Recognize freedom as a 5:30 a.m. trip to the diner with a bunch of strangers you’ve just met.
6. Try not to beat yourself up over having obtained a ‘useless’ Bachelor’s Degree. Debt is hell, and things didn’t pan out quite like you expected, but you did get to go to college, and having a degree isn’t the worst thing in the world to have. We will figure this mess out, I think, probably; the point is you’re not worth less just because there hasn’t been an immediate pay off for going to school. Be patient, work with what you have, and remember that a lot of us are in this together.
7. If you’re employed in any capacity, open a savings account. You never know when you might be unemployed or in desperate need of getting away for a few days. Even $10 a week is $520 more a year than you would’ve had otherwise.
8. Make a habit of going outside, enjoying the light, relearning your friends, forgetting the internet.
9. Go on a 4-day, brunch-fueled bender.
10. Start a relationship with your crush by telling them that you want them. Directly. Like, look them in the face and say it to them. Say, I want you. I want to be with you.
11. Learn to say ‘no’ — to yourself. Don’t keep wearing high heels if you hate them; don’t keep smoking if you’re disgusted by the way you smell the morning after; stop wasting entire days on your couch if you’re going to complain about missing the sun.
12. Take time to revisit the places that made you who you are: the apartment you grew up in, your middle school, your hometown. These places may or may not be here forever; you definitely won’t be.
13. Find a hobby that makes being alone feel lovely and empowering and like something to look forward to.
14. Think you know yourself until you meet someone better than you.
15. Forget who you are, what your priorities are, and how a person should be.
16. Identify your fears and instead of letting them dictate your every move, find and talk to people who have overcome them. Don’t settle for experiencing .000002% of what the world has to offer because you’re afraid of getting on a plane.
17. Make a habit of cleaning up and letting go. Just because it fit at one point doesn’t mean you need to keep it forever — whether ‘it’ is your favorite pair of pants or your ex.
18. Stop hating yourself.
19. Go out and watch that movie, read that book, listen to that band you already lied about watching, reading, listening to.
20. Take advantage of health insurance while you have it.
21. Make a habit of telling people how you feel, whether it means writing a gushing fan-girl email to someone whose work you love or telling your boss why you deserve a raise.
22. Date someone who says, “I love you” first.
23. Leave the country under the premise of “finding yourself.” This will be unsuccessful. Places do not change people. Instead, do a lot of solo drinking, read a lot of books, have sex in dirty hostels, and come home when you start to miss it.
24. Suck it up and buy a Macbook Pro.
25. Quit that job that’s making you miserable, end the relationship that makes you act like a lunatic, lose the friend whose sole purpose in life is making you feel like you’re perpetually on the verge of vomiting. You’re young, you’re resilient, there are other jobs and relationships and friends if you’re patient and open.”
January Nelson, 06/25/12 (via buzzingjuslikeneon)
I always love reading this
Perfect. Gonna print this out/ rewrite it for my room.