1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
4. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
5. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
6. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
7. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
8. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
9. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
10. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
11. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
13. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
14. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
15. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.”
It’s going to be quite a while before I can share the DSLR photographs I took in Iceland with you, so for the meanwhile, here are some of my favourite Instagram shots taken during 5 days in this most magical of places. I cannot wait to return, and explore this treasure of a place even further… If you’d like to see more you can visit me @hellopoe on Instagram!
“Andava por ali a ver no vazio coisas de mentira. Andava a ver o vazio das coisas. Porque, sem a Sigridur, tudo perdera o conteúdo. Estava oco. Como se ela fosse o dentro de tudo. O dentro dos peixes e o dentro das pedras, o dentro de todas as mãos e dos sons, o dentro das paisagens, das subidas acentuadas, do medo de cair, da profundidade do mar, a chuva de todos os dias.”
—Valter Hugo Mãe, A Desumanização
I am that type of douchebag friend who doesn’t talk with you for months but still cares about you and hopes you still care too.
“He’s not a sociopath, nor is he high-functioning. He’d really like to be a sociopath. But he’s so fucking not. The wonderful drama of Sherlock Holmes is that he’s aspiring to this extraordinary standard. He is at root an absolutely ordinary man with a very, very big brain. He’s repressed his emotions, his passions, his desires, in order to make his brain work better — in itself, a very emotional decision, and it does suggest that he must be very emotional if he thinks emotions get in the way. I just think Sherlock Holmes must be bursting!”
— Steven Moffat, Vulture ”Steven Moffat Explains the Origins of Sherlock’s Best-Man Speech” (via orangepenguino)
10/100 screencaps of his last vow
Pay close attention ladies. This is how you dominate your man. Sleep with your hand gently on his. BAM. No escape.
Her other hand is under the pillow holding a gun to his neck as she whispers
"If you fuCkin move i’ll blow your brains out dont you dare take a cab to baker street and sit on Sherlocks dick so help me god i will fucking do it john watson, i will fucking do it"
John is addicted to danger, remember? He’s in bed with an assassin holding a gun to his head. He probably has the biggest boner in the known universe.
Cant even get a boner anymore without the cool sensation of a gun against his neck, poor bastard.
Bill Watterson (Calvin & Hobbes) really knew what he was doing.
Anonymous asked: Tyra you're honestly so perfect and amazing what are your philosophies how are you so great? What do you believe in? You just seem so happy and confident and you and holy fuck you're so perf how do I be myself in a you way
i’ve grown a lot in the past two years honestly two years ago I was a very different person and was pretty unhappy with a lot of things, here are some things i’ve improved/realized since then
- eat food that makes you happy, as weird as that sounds, I love tea and fruit and soup!
- get sleep, honestly, this one is so huge, two years ago I got like 6 or 7 hours a night, now I average on 8 or 9 and I have so much energy and positivity
- don’t change yourself for other people, if there are people who don’t like how you are screw them! they’re not the type of people you want to be around anyways!
- I discovered that I don’t really love exercise much but that I really like going for jogs and swimming, it’s a super nice way to let go and going for runs in nature is v calming
- stop caring so much about lil pimples and how your hair looks because regardless of how you look at any given time there are always going to be people who think ur a cutie
- find something you love and dive into it, for me it’s singing! i’m in vocal music at school, a huge choir, I sing and write my own stuff, and recently I performed in a musical! it allows me to have something to take ownership of and be proud of, a direction in life!
- try in school, nothing feels better than getting back a test or assignment with a good mark that you tried super hard on (plus it makes your parents super happy)
- stop trying to be “cool” seriously, stop. watch dumb rom coms and listen to pop music it’s so much fun okay!
- know who you love, and make sure they know too! call up old friends and compliment people and tell people how something you saw reminded you of them and ask people to hang out!
- drink water, always carry a water bottle, mine has little animal stickers on it!
- get a new haircut if you’ve had the same one for your whole life, I cut off like 75% of my hair and now it’s easy to take care of and looks way nicer
- getting a job, either a paid one or volunteer based is good! you can meet new people through it, get life experience, and gain volunteer hours or money!
- make sure to have “me time” during the day, I like taking bubble baths or sitting outside for a while in the quiet
oh man I went a bit overboard!